Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thing 10

This week I decided to explore something new as well as spend more time with something I have used before. I have used Dropbox to share files between home and school, but I had not heard of Box. I decided to sign up for a Box account to supplement my Dropbox. This will allow me to have more cloud storage for free. I like the idea of cloud storage because it provides an easy back up and it's a great way to have my files available both at home and at school. I do a lot of work at home and when I find something I want at school, or I create something new, I need an easy way to get it on my school computer. I was emailing things to myself, but I find it much easier to use Dropbox. I am going to organize some of my files on Dropbox and some using Box. This way I will have those files available to me where ever I go. I like the way you can create folders and keep things easily organized. They also have a Box app that I was able to put on my iphone. I have had Evernote on my computer for a while and I used it to keep a journal when I went to Yellowstone last summer. I put some of my pictures in Evernote and wrote a little note to remind me where they were taken. I also wrote down what we did each day and when I returned I printed the journal to put with my photo album. I am interested to see all the other ways I can use Evernote. It seems to have a lot of interesting features. I like that you can share folders with other people. I read about how some teachers are using Evernote for student portfolios. My principal has mentioned that he would like us to have student led conferences with parents. I did not get to that this year, but if I used something like Evernote to create digital portfolios that would be really cool. I like the idea of digital portfolios rather than just putting everything in a folder. As we do more on the computer it's nice to have all of a student's work in one place on the computer. I see great potential for using something like Evernote to create student portfolios as well as using it as a tool to help me to stay organized. I really enjoyed this online course. Thank you so much for all the great resources and ideas. There are so many more things that I would like to investigate when I have more time. I have signed up for many new sites and I'm excited to use them more to enhance my teaching and hopefully make my life a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas for Evernote, just added them to my list of cool evernote tips for a workshop that I'm prepping.

    Congrats! You finished. :) nice work!

    ReplyDelete