Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thing 3: RSS Reader

I have never done anything with RSS Readers before. Since I have a Google account I decided to set one up with Google. I found it pretty easy to manipulate, but now I need to figure out what to put on it. I did some browsing and added a couple things. I can see how it would be useful to have all the information in one place. The overwhelming part is reading all the information. I think the key is to keep the information to things that are actually useful and pertinent. I have two folders set up now and I would like to add more. I read another participant's post about using Flipboard and I have to add that I find Flipboard to be very useful. I have it on my phone and check it out almost nightly to see what is going on with the things I am interested in. I find I check it more than Twitter, although now that I've organized my Twitter account I am trying to check it more often. I am realizing there is just so much information out there and it's important to keep it all organized. I am learning a lot about these new tools and I am sure I will find the ones that work best for me.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to prune my google reader account. It's like my attic, accumulated way too much stuff that I just don't need and never look at. And I love FlipBoard too! Read some of twitter stream and some of my google reader folders through that.

    ReplyDelete